Sunday, July 1, 2012

website galleries

02-21-14 (update)

These links lead to my current portfolios and information about them.  If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email.  

I am continuing to improve my new site hopefully making things much easier. I apologize for any inconveniences.  Thanks for visiting.







breakenterhuntgather
portfolio 
about





observing liberty
portfolio 
about 






Mammals at the beach
portfolio
about




In Step
portfolio 
about 


After 10 years of photographing weddings in a candid style I became interested in street photography. It seems to be a combination of some of my current landscape concerns along with trying to get me into a position that locates people in positions I find pleasing as they visually interact with the landscape.  working portfolio flickr






plane encounters
portfolio 
about

 





fencing flora
portfolio
about






Effigies  (2004-)
portfolio
about 








Photographer's Pencil  (drawings:1997-2000)  
portfolio 
about









Particle Pool  (1994-2001)
portfolio
about








Incidents & Intersections (1983-)
portfolio
about







Excavation  (1977-1983)
portfolio
about





arrivals & departures  2013-
working portfolio flickr
about


"reflection in old glass" (c) george elsasser


Leela  2005-
working portfolio at flickr
about



"outdoor stairs on rock wall" (c) george elsasser




Current b&w  1994-   
working portfolio at flickr          
about




Still Remains  2005- 
working portfolio at flickr        
about




PAINTINGS  (1992-2000) 
portfolio - not shown at this time
about 


This group includes both mixed media, works on paper and paintings on canvas. They as the drawings, were made to aid in loosening and further informing my photographic work. At the time I begun these paintings I felt photography was not giving me the visceral or emotional impact I sought at the time. In addition I really felt a strong attraction to the surfaces of paintings and that language mostly is non existent in photographic prints. When I stand next to a painting (particularly modern ones) I often want to inspect them with my hands in addition to my eyes. Sculpture is almost irresistible in this regard but unfortunately I know better. I wanted a heavier hand so-to-speak with a more blatant emotional energy and wanted to shake my photographic history somewhat. These were the first paintings I had made while not pursuing a formal education other than some I had made during my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment